About Me

My photo
Hypocrite. My insides ooze

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Oh Kevin Devine



"you awake in the hospital in a thrift store suit
you hear your lover's voice from the waiting room
you shut your eyes and pray for peace
think i'm not here this isn't me
this isn't something i would do
i know the complicated truth
a big top tent a firey sword
i make a mask of lions roar
but they're not real and never were
and soon she won't be real either
this is the life you went and earned
because you never fucking learn
you could use up all of your years
fixing the mess you make in here
so as her nervous dress draws closer
dress heels click off their approach
you clutch your chest and whisper
"oh no, what will i do? what will i do?
my love, my love, what will i do?"

No comments:

Post a Comment